How to stay safe your system with Norton
We are dedicated to investing in the online security ecosystem, and will continue to lead the field with the most recognized trust mark on the internet– look for the Norton Secured Seal!Consumer tests by DigiCert show that the Norton Secured Seal retains the highest level of recognition and trust valued by eCommerce and other privacy-minded web owners. Research shows that the Norton Secured Seal offers consumers the greatest feeling of trust on the internetDigiCert has invested in making the online ecosystem safer.
Antivirus software, or anti-virus software (abbreviated to AV software), also known as anti-malware, is a computer program used to prevent, detect, and remove malware.Norton.com/Setup antivirus allows you to deploy your Norton setup effectively. Learn the basics to download, install and activate Norton Setup without any error.
New Norton plans
Norton Internet Security gave you virus protection. NEW Norton 360 gives you much more.
NEW Norton 360 plans give you device security to protect PCs, Macs and mobile devices against viruses with multi-layered malware protection, plus new ways to protect your devices and online privacy.
For even more ways to protect not only your devices but your personal information on them, try our new Norton plans. Protect your PCs, Macs and mobile devices against malware, and use Secure VPN for online privacy.
Install Norton Antivirus
The Norton Security suite provides antivirus and firewall protection for both macOS and Windows devices, and is available for a yearly subscription fee that varies based on your level of protection as well as some other factors. In order to install Norton, you must first have an active account and have already purchased the software.
Follow the steps below.
- Open a web browser and navigate to norton.com/setup.
- Enter your Norton account credentials, if prompted.
- Norton's Get Started page should now be visible, as shown in the accompanying screenshot. Select the Download Norton option.
- Click Agree & Download, located below the Install On This Device header.
- The Norton setup file should now be downloaded to your browser's default location, typically the Windows Downloads folder or your desktop. Once the download is complete, locate the file and open it to begin the installation process.
- The My Norton Downloader application should now appear. Once the necessary files are downloaded, a Windows User Account Control warning will be displayed, asking if you want to allow the Norton Security app to make changes to your device. Click Yes to continue.
- The My Norton Installer interface will now be displayed. Click Install.
- The Device Security package will now be installed. A slideshow is presented during the installation process, detailing some of the dangers that Norton protects you from. This process can take several minutes, depending on the speed of your computer.
- Next, a message will appear that states 'Communicating with the Norton server...' This will be shown for 1-2 minutes and will then change to read 'Activating...'. Once successfully activated, the Installer window will inform you that your device is now protected, disappearing a few seconds later.
- The Norton Security application will now open, welcoming you and offering a tour of its features. Select the Start Tour button if you like, or click on Skip Tour to continue.
- The Norton Security dashboard should now be displayed, showing your protection and recent scan status. From here you can manage Norton's settings, view your subscription status, initiate manual virus scans and much more.
Latest News and Updates